The blend I used today is called Coconut Thai from BLENDABELLA. I really enjoyed using this amazing mix of portabella, vegetables and herbs. I was able to come up with three new recipes all with a unique flavor to their own with this one mix. I find that darn amazing. So often a blend of spices or a jar of this or that overwhelms the dish or at least makes all dishes taste the same,but not this one.
This recipe is an easy one, once again, which is very much what I strive for- Easy! I enjoy creating elegant and tasty savory meals that can be performed with little time. The result I strive for is a fine restaurant quality with good flavor. The presentation is then personalized and up to the individual who wants to use my recipes. Casual, home-style, sitting outdoors under the moonlight or a romantic evening with candles or a lit fire. Those possibilities are endless and can add to the meal, any meal. It is all just fun!
Below I offer wine options and even seafood options to this dish. The recipe is quite versatile and just a terrific meal to make at home. I can tell you, if you are having guests over and you want to wow them, try this one.
Well here you go, and I hope you enjoy this amazing, and as I said, easy Thai dish.
The product is called BLENDABELLA and made by the company Giorgio. Lucky for us they are now in stores, but we can buy them on-line at https://giorgio-foods.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage. You can also find out more about the company and these products at http://blendabella.com/ ,Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BLENDABELLA/, Twitter: https://twitter.com/BLENDABELLA?lang=en , Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blendabella/, Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/blendabella
@Blendabella #Blendabella #coconutthai
BLENDABELLA Thai Seafood Extraordinaire
- 1 jar BLENDERABELLA Coconut Thai
- 1 lb. peeled shrimp (tail on or off is optional)
- 1Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ large white onion- chopped small
- 8 cloves fresh peeled garlic- crushed
- ½ cup white wine – I used pinot Grigio
- 1 can 5.4 oz full coconut cream
- 2 cans chopped clams (6.5 oz cans) or fresh cleaned clams
- •Optional: Add additional ½ cup more white wine see Notes
- •Optional: cheese garnish of your choice
- Place the ghee and olive oil in large skillet.
- Heat up the pan.
- Add the shrimp and stir about until they turn pinkish orange. About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp to a bowl and leave the oils in the skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and tune down the heat a bit.
- Stir and cook until the onions and translucent.
- Add the full can of coconut cream and the jar of BLENDERABELLA Coconut Thai.
- Stir on low heat.
- Bring to a low simmer and add ½ cup wine for a thicker sauce or the full cup for a thinner sauce. (see Notes)
- Simmer 3 minutes on low.
- Add in the shrimp and clams.
- Stir on low heat until all is incorporated which takes only 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and serve over noodles of your choice; linguini, gluten-free pasta, zoodles or even spaghetti squash.
- Optional: Garnish your choice of cheese. I used pecorino romano .
If serving to young kids I suggest adhering to the ½ cup.
Seafood options: I also made this recipe with large 1-1/2” hunks of cooked fish as well and it was delicious. You can keep or omit the shrimp and add clams,halibut and salmon for example.
Wine Pairing: I can suggest a white wine of your choice for a nice elegant meal with friends or a romantic dinner.