This is an easy, make-ahead, creamy chocolate mousse dessert that both kids and adults love. Since this Sunday, April 3rd, is Chocolate Mousse day this is the perfect opportunity to share this one. It is delicious as-is, or go ahead and splurge and serve it dressed up a little. Do this by garnishing it with the whipped coconut cream that Amy Densmore offers in her cookbook the Paleo Cupboard and top it with berries, or feel free to garnish it with my easy paleo whipped coconut cream recipe.
You may also enjoy a few other toppings like my: fruit and berries protein dessert, paleo toasted maple pecans, paleo dark chocolate dipped peaches and apricots, some good old-fashioned paleo chocolate chip cookies or my decadent chocolate cake. Chocolate mousse and chocolate cake sounds like a PMS dream night! 🙂
Enjoy! And if you’re a chocolate lover, be sure to also check out my eBook entitled Decadent Chocolate & Cacao Recipes and Delights.
Creamy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- Cream from 2 (13.5-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk or 2 cups homemade coconut cream
- OPTIONAL: Whipped Coconut Cream (from the Paleo Cupboard cookbook), for topping or my easy paleo whipped coconut cream recipe
- OPTIONAL: Fresh berries for topping
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract and water.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and set aside to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Combine the honey, cacao powder, and ghee in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring just to a boil, whisking frequently, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the gelatin mixture and whisk again until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the coconut cream with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate mixture and continue to beat until combined.
- Taste and add more cacao powder if you want a stronger chocolate taste, blending with the hand mixer until fully combined.
- Spoon into bowls or glasses.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and fresh berries if desired.