When you think of Easter you probably think of chocolate eggs and sugary treats you’d only buy in a store, and it can seem as if there aren’t any good alternatives, but I have good news! There are delicious recipes that taste great, are easy to make and the kids will be sure to love them. I believe that there is a way to make anything Paleo friendly, and this holiday is no exception. I’m excited to share with all of you these Paleo Brownies by Elana Amsterdam, which you can make in time for Easter.
Most pre-made brownies or brownie mixes you find at the store have tons of sugar, white flour and preservatives. This recipe is different. It’s gluten-free, paleo and not filled with processed sugar. Plus, the entire family will LOVE them – you can expect to have almost no leftovers this Easter! Clean eating is completely possible for Easter 2017 with this recipe.
Now, let’s have some fun and start baking! While the kids are hunting for Easter eggs and hanging out with the Easter bunny, you can whip out some of these paleo brownies for when they’re done with the holiday activities. Or you can let the kids help you and they can have two treats: the brownies and licking the batter off the spoon. Enjoy these delicious brownies and Happy Easter!
By the way, I have other paleo Easter treats you can try, such as my Gluten-free Paleo Lemon Zest Cookies!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces baking chocolate (100% cacao)
- 7 Medjool dates (1/2-2/3 cup) pits removed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon (NuNaturals Liquid) vanilla stevia (only)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pulse in squares of dark chocolate until the mixture resembles the texture of coarse sand.
- Pulse in the dates until the texture of coarse sand.
- Pulse in your eggs.
- Pulse in the coconut oil and stevia until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Mixture will be very thick. Smooth it with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours, then serve.
Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, by Elana Amsterdam and published by 10 Speed Press Berkley is available wherever books are sold. Please check this out on Amazon.
“Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, 2013). Photo Credit: Leigh Beisch.”