Now who would want to deprive their gluten-free kids of the sheer pleasure of cream-sicles? Well, we don’t have to! Gluten free children can have fun and enjoy paleo cream-sicles with this recipe right here! While you’re at it, check out my amazing paleo ice cream recipes that you can use to make this delicious treat! I’m a HUGE chocolate fan and highly recommend my Dark Chocolate Paleo Ice Cream recipe!
One of my favorite memories as a little girl was hanging out with my neighborhood friends on long summer days, riding around with cream-sicles dripping all over us. But we didn’t care about the mess, not one bit, because it was so delicious! (As are these other paleo treats!)
Paleo Ice Cream-Sicles Gluten-Free Kids Fun
- Your child’s favorite ice cream (as much as you prefer) or any of my paleo ice cream recipes.
- OPTIONAL: gluten-free chocolate
- Freeze your ice cream to a firm level.
- Oil several cookie sheets.
- Shape your ice cream into fun shapes, yet be sure they are 1¾″ – 2″ thick. Cookie cutters are good to use to get the basic shape, but be sure to make them thick enough!
- Stick a popsicle stick ½ – ⅓ of the way up the middle. If the ice cream has softened a bit too much at this point, place the cookie sheet in the freezer before sticking the popsicle stick in.
- Place back in freezer with sticks in them.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Melt gluten-free chocolate of your choice (semi-sweet or dark) in double boiler or in a microwave.
- After Step 6 above, remove cream-sicles from freezer and dip in semi-warm (NOT HOT) chocolate.
- Place immediately back in freezer upright (make a little stand) for 20 minutes.
- Time to eat