I used to not be a fan of quiche. As I got older, my taste in food changed and now I am a bit obsessed with it. It’s hard to find it gluten-free at restaurants and nearly impossible to find a grain-free and paleo quiche. I tried once just eating around the crust at a restaurant: it was a disaster. I got very ill and learned my lesson for good.
Check out more of my paleo cooking and baking tips on my paleo tips page.
Paleo Gluten-Free Quiche
- Crust Ingredients:
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- ½ teaspoon Oregano ( coarsely chopped or dried)
- ¼ teaspoon Sage ( chopped fine or powdered)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Melted Butter (yummmmmmm)
- Filling Ingredients:
- 7 Eggs
- ¼ Onion minced
- 1 Zucchini Grated
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (convection)
- In a bowl mix all crust ingredients together (should be pretty sticky and solid)
- In a 9″ tart pan press dough on sides and bottom evenly. Make sure there are no cracks for the eggs to seep out. ( You can also use a pie dish or anything you have access too. Just make sure the crust is evenly distributed so it can cook well. Should be ¼″ – ½″ thick.)
- Place in center of oven for 10 min ( while crust is cooking start on filling) Do not overcook crust. Its better to undercook than overcook it so if after 10 min you aren’t sure if it is done just take it out.
- Place onion and zucchini in a pan with butter. Cook on medium heat until softened.
- Once crust us out of oven, evenly spread onion/zucchini mix on top of cooked crust
- In a bowl crack all 7 eggs and whip with beater or fork. Make sure eggs are well mixed. The more you beat the fluffier your quiche will be.
- Pour eggs on top of onion/zucchini mix
- Place pan back into center of oven for 22 minutes. Eggs should be fully cooked through when done. You will be able to feel with your finger if it is done.
- Take out and let cool ( place on top of stove or on cooling rack)
- If you used a tart pan, let the quiche cool before removing from pan. If you used a pie pan you can cut quiche directly from pan
From my kitchen to yours,