When trying to follow a healthy paleo diet, you have to mix things up enough or food turns into a boring necessity instead of a pleasure. It can get very boring eating grilled chicken and veggies or bun-less burgers week after week. If you’re like me, you don’t have time to cook gourmet, exciting meals day after day. The trick to dieting is having food prepared that you enjoy so you stick with your diet instead of going for the quick and easy drive-thru, or in my case, a black and white milkshake from In-N-Out. These paleo stuffed peppers make for a delicious and filling dinner that you can prep in advance and enjoy alongside a tossed salad or sweet potato fries. If you’re into clean and low carb stuffed veggie recipes like me, be sure to also try my stuffed mexican zucchini boats.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish, 20 of which are in the oven so there really is no excuse to not make this paleo dish! I encourage you to let your inner culinary pro out and have fun changing up the recipe. Add curry spices, chopped cashews, etc. or stick to the recipe below for a simple healthy meal. I am a big spicy food fanatic, so I usually add some sort of a kick to everything I make. Let me know what you come up with by messaging me via my contact page!
Paleo Stuffed Peppers
- ¾ lb. ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2-4 garlic cloves minced (the size of the pieces depends on your preference)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 2 red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut peppers in half and discard seeds and stems.
- In a pan cook your meat with the garlic, salt and pepper on medium-low heat until almost fully cooked.
- Add sauce and turn heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fill pepper halves with meat and place in glass dish meat side up.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until peppers are soft.