You cannot ask for anything better than fresh figs off the tree, dipped in homemade sugar-free dark chocolate, leaving you with a clean healthy snack or dessert loaded with nutrients and antioxidants.
- Follow my Paleo Homemade Dark Chocolate Dipping Sauce recipe
- 6 Fresh large, clean and ripe fresh figs, REFRIGERATED (cold)
- Line a cookie sheet that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
- Place your Paleo Homemade Dark Chocolate Dipping sauce in a shallow bowl with a fairly steep edge.
- It should be fluid and at least room temperature.
- Gently hold the tip or stem of your fig and roll it in the Chocolate Sauce. You may need to hold the bowl in order to cover the whole fig.
- Immediately place the fig on the paper.
- Do this with each fig.
- Place in freezer for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the figs out of the freezer and roll them one at a time in the Chocolate Sauce and back on the parchment and back in the freezer. Allowing 3-5 minutes between each “dipping”.
- I did mine 3 times as I prefer a semi thin coating.
- The more you do, the thicker the chocolate coating on the figs.
- After the last dipping, you may keep the figs in the freezer 5-8 minutes and serve cold immediately.
- You simply trim the chocolate off the bottom with a small knife allowing the flat bottom of chocolate to remain, so they will sit upright if you so desire.
- Save the extra chocolate and the “trimmings” for future use with recipes such as my Chocolate Bark.
- If you are making these ahead of time, place them in the back of the refrigerator until ready for serving.
Do not leave in freezer for too long.
If it is warm outside, be sure to keep these refrigerated.