I am pleased to introduce you to a previous and ever popular Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing! Last year I had so many asking for it. I thought it would be best to just share it now so you have it ready at your fingertips in case you are on the hunt for a foolproof Paleo stuffing recipe.
- 2/3 cups Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2/3 cups pecans
- 5 pitted moist Medjool dates
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries (sugar-free if available)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, ghee, walnut oil or grass-fed butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: ½ – 3/4 cups sautéed mushrooms (porcinis are the best flavor enhancer with poultry)
- Toast the Honeyville blanched almond flour lightly until golden brown in a pan on medium heat.
- Place in a mixing bowl. Let cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a sauté pan. Heat this up then add the celery and cook until slightly firm, not wilted. You want that slight crunch.
- Set aside. Let cool.
- Place the pecans in a mini food processor and pulse until they are small chunks.
- Add the Medjool dates and pulse until lightly mixed in – may start to ball up a tad.
- Add the cranberries. Pulse them in to the mixture slightly.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and add this into the bowl with the almond flour.
- Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Add in the celery and mix this thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the optional mushrooms.
- At this point you will add butter, ghee or coconut oil for moisture if you plan to serve this as a side dish with your bird or if you will be placing this stuffing under your bird for roasting.
- Place the mixture into an 8 x 8 greased Pyrex dish uncovered and bake for 20 minutes at 350F or a bit longer if you desire crispier nuts.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- If you are stuffing your bird, there’s no need to add additional butter/ghee or coconut oil as your bird will release its own natural juices and fats into the stuffing. In this case the juices will all get mixed in the oven and you can wait until removing the bird and see if you need any additional fats.
I prefer to add the duck or turkey fat from the pan directly to the stuffing, mixing it in as the flavors are amazing and the fats are incredible for your skin and health.