This easy and quick to make soft serve, Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is also one you can make ahead and it is sure to remain soft in your freezer! The use of vanilla bean really adds so much flavor and you get those specks of pure vanilla that just remind everyone of true homemade. The directions are pretty A to B; nothing complicated about this recipe.
- 16oz full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean pod (optional)
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raw vanilla or maple syrup
- NOTE: ½ teaspoon vanilla paste may be used in place of vanilla extract yet it does have sugar.
- Pour coconut milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and maple syrup (or raw vanilla) into a sauce pan.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half down the middle – horizontal-wise.
- Scrape the inside into the pan.
- Stir all.
- Heat the mixture on low-medium heat.
- Increase the temperature after a few minutes.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Slowly stir in the rum.
- Remove from heat after about 15 seconds.
- Let cool on the counter for an hour.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Pour the chilled mixture into your prepared ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Your ice cream is ready to eat now or you may store in a glass-covered container.