I really enjoy Indian food at this time of year. I also enjoy spicy food. The warmth of the weather in the states and the heat of the food just go well together for me. This recipe of mine: Roasted Indian Cauliflower incorporates two of my favorite company’s products: masala sauce from Spicemode and ghee from Pure Indian Foods. When I find a spice, mix or sauce that I love, I tend to work it into all sorts of paleo meals and dish ideas.
This recipe is SO darn easy to make and really takes nothing to put together. The ingredients are very easy to acquire. I use the internet to order the products and save myself some time. It really is pretty easy these days to do so much on the internet; it is almost ridiculous how easy it is to shop.
I purchased a freshly made masala cooking sauce and a ghee that is also out of this world delicious. A masala is simply many spices mixed together and then used in Indian cuisine. In this case I purchased a “sauce” not a mix. The actual name means spice in Hindi. Ghee is a class of clarified butter which originated in ancient India. So here we have two lovely items already prepared for our use. Lucky us!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Try it on its own or alongside a protein of your choice such as my paleo smoked chicken. As always, please send me any photos of what you cook up. I do enjoy seeing them.Print
This Roasted Indian Cauliflower is SO darn easy to make and really takes nothing to put together, and the ingredients are easy to acquire. Try it on its own or alongside a protein of your choice such as my paleo smoked chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the entire cauliflower in a large piece of tin foil or use two pieces folded together to make one large one.
- Place in a glass baking dish.
- Mix your melted ghee, garlic and Masala together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Pour this over your cauliflower and use your hands to ensure it gets all over.
- Cover with foil and seal the cauliflower so it “steams” in the foil in the oven.
- Place on center rack of oven and bake for 30 minutes,
- Remove from oven and open the foil gently.
- Use a large spoon to cover the cauliflower with the sauce.
- Seal back up and place back in oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and peel back foil.
- Turn the temperature up to 400F degrees.
- Place back in oven unpeeled for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving platter.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at Tina (at) Paleomazing.com.