Braising really is a wonderful cooking technique! These flavors work so well together!
- 4 slices grass-fed flank steak, cut ½ inch thick on an angle
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup dry white wine
- OPTIONAL: ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- OPTIONAL: Peppercorns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, quickly brown both sides of the steak with butter.
- Turn down the heat and add the shallots.
- Mix in the mustard and wine.
- Pour over the steaks.
- Add the mushrooms (if using) then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally
- Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the steaks are tender.
- Add more wine if necessary so the steaks don’t stick.
- Drizzle “sauce” on top or on the side.
- Garnish with whole peppercorns.