My latest grain free caraway rolls will not only appease your appetite but they will also be doing many beneficial things to your own body! Caraway is best known as the crunchy seeds topping many rye breads, which I am unable to eat due to being celiac, but I do love a gluten free rye bread slice now and then, and this recipe satisfies that craving anyhow and this one is grain-free!
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 1/8 cup honey, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup caraway seeds
- OPTIONAL: small or large salt granules
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Sift together the flours, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mix the oil, honey and eggs together.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the caraway seeds.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in any shape and size of your preference.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Notes: You may add salt to the top for added flavor EITHER prior to placing the dough in the oven or afterwards.