These paleo cookies are great to share with friends, family, kids, you name it! And OMG the cashew butter – it is so creamy and light and bakes up so darn well. Enjoy these on their own or with paleo ice cream for a healthy yet delicious treat any day of the week.
- 1 cup cashew butter (macadamia nut butter works well too)
- ¼ cup organic honey
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks of your choice (I recommend 70% or higher)
- OPTIONAL: Cashew pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the nut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and the egg in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, salt, almond flour and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Space about 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack immediately to cool.