There are oodles of recipes for cauliflower crust online but many add dairy. For those of us who require a dairy-free version, well this one is terrific. I set out a bunch of prepared (sliced and diced) veggies and healthy paleo options with the cauliflower crust as the obvious base. Kids love to have their own pizza and make faces and such out of the toppings. Nobody walks away from eating a pizza made with cauliflower crust all bloated and ready to go into a food coma. Instead, everyone has plenty of energy to help with the dishes!
- 4 cups riced/shredded cauliflower (one good sized head of cauliflower will yield more)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 whole egg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Shred or pulse your cauliflower in a food processor.
- Place half of the cauliflower in the microwave for about 4-6 minutes. Depends on your microwave (do not add water). Afterwards, do the same with the other half.
- Steam if you prefer – but be sure and squeeze out the moisture well!!
- Let cool.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients with the cauliflower.
- Butter a cooking tray to make parchment paper stick. Place parchment paper on top and butter the top lightly.
- Form pizza on top of parchment. Make into one large or two small crusts with a little ledge around the sides. About ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes.
- Check your pizzas. I like mine a bit drier and crustier, so I took mine out around 40 minutes and flipped over gently and baked for another 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then flip back over and cool.
- Add toppings and place back in oven for about 5 minutes or until warm. (Warm up your toppings first so that the pizzas spend less time in the oven.)
- Serve and enjoy!