This chipotle chicken salad recipe is my delicious, paleo alternative to a chicken salad served on white bread and wrapped in plastic wrap at 7-11. You can discover other ways to serve this with my low glycemic wrap recipe and even my paleo breads. The possibilities are endless and healthy.
- 1 whole cooked boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips (two halves)
- 3 roasted, moist sundried tomatoes, sliced (plain or soaked in olive oil/jarred)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoon dried chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons paleo friendly mayonnaise
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl, except for the vinegar, olive oil, chipotle chili powder and salt.
- Toss well.
- In another small bowl whisk the vinegar, olive oil and chili powder together to make an emulsion.
- Add salt and stir to combine.
- Add additional salt if desired at this stage. It is a preference point.
- Add mayonnaise at this stage if you prefer a slightly milder and creamier dressing.
- Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until well incorporated. If possible, let the salad sit and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or longer, however this isn’t necessary.
- Add pine nuts before serving or before adding to your sandwich or wrap.