These chocolate truffles are not only incredibly delicious but this paleo truffle recipe is also quick and easy to make. In literally minutes and you can skip the “all too common” waiting for hours in the fridge. The sesame seeds are always an option by the way. You can use whatever your heart desires.
- 20 pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Sesame seeds
- Add the dates to a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Blend the almonds until they become very fine.
- Add the oil, cocoa powder and a drop of vanilla extract to the almonds and stir.
- Carefully drain the dates. Now they should be very soft and the little thick skin should be easy to remove. After you peel them, add them to the almonds.
- Blend or stir very well until all ingredients are perfectly combined.
- Using disposable gloves, roll the mixture into little balls, cover them with sesame seeds and form again into a ball.
- Let them set in the fridge on parchment paper for one night.