The cooler months are upon us, hence we are now into the season for warm, comforting soup. In this case, delicious and healthy curried carrot soup. You’ll be surprised at how easy this paleo recipe is to make, and how delighted your guests will be with the taste!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs peeled and roughly chopped carrots
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL: granulated sea salt and crushed black pepper to add more crunch.
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup sour cream, plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese blended into the mix to thicken your soup if you so desire.
- OPTIONAL: Chives and lime juice to make the soup tart and more tangy.
- OPTIONAL: cinnamon and cardamom for a sweet aroma.
- Heat your olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, a bit of salt and the curry powder.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for a bit, and then add your carrots and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, and then switch to simmer.
- Cover and let simmer for 18-20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, use an immersion blender to mash the ingredients until smooth.
- Chunk the mix and purée it in sections to get the best out of the blender.
- Bring the puree back to the pot and heat on medium.
- Gently stir in coconut milk and cook for 4-5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in any of the optional ingredients if desired.