Now this recipe isn’t paleo, as it contains sugar, but it’s gluten-free and dairy-free in case you have children who are sensitive to those foods. My kids used to gobble these up in their lunch boxes, and they loved making them with me in the kitchen. Making child-friendly recipes like this one with your child is a great way to bond and instill in them a love for cooking.
- 1 envelope of gelatin
- 2 cups fruit juice
- 1/3 cup sugar (powdered erythritol and 2–3 drops of stevia are optional to replace the sugar)
- Citric acid, if desired, for sour taste
- Pour 1 envelope of gelatin into 1 cup of cold fruit juice.
- Cook another cup of fruit juice until hot.
- Mix in 1/3 cup sugar (or erythritol and stevia) until dissolved.
- Combine juices and pour into 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Refrigerate overnight, then cut into squares and toss with sugar (or powdered erythritol), adding citric acid to sugar for sour gels.