Refreshing gluten-free lemon bars are a terrific treat pool side with any outdoor activity over the warmer months! They are also delicious as a formal dessert served at the table after a dinner served up with a side of coconut whipped cream or even accompanied by some fresh berries, and of course some coffee or tea. Yum!
- 1 ¾ cups XO Baking All Purpose Flour (approx. 120 grams)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz) cold unsalted butter
- Lemon Filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons XO Baking All Purpose Flour
- Zest from 2–3 lemons
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- For crust, combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, or electric mixer with paddle attachment.
- Mix in cold butter until uniform crumb mixture forms.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch baking pan or dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes; until crust is lightly golden.
- Lower oven temperature to 325F.
- Meanwhile, while crust is baking, prepare the lemon filling.
- With an electric mixer combine all ingredients together.
- Remove crust from oven and immediately pour lemon filling over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until middle of filling is set.
- Cool before serving.