This gluten-free lemon cake recipe is your traditional lemon bundt or loaf cake with the almost transparent glaze on top. Boy oh boy is this a treat!
- 1 ½ cups XO Baking Co. Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- SUGAR GLAZE TOPPING:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees .
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch loaf pan.
- For easy removal, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Lastly, mix the vegetable oil into the batter, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cook the 1/3 cup of lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a saucepan pan, over low to medium heat, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear.
- Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully take cake out of pan and place on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. While the cake is still warm, take a toothpick or skewer and gently poke holes into cake and then pour the sugar glaze topping (recipe below) over the cake and allow it to soak in.
- SUGAR GLAZE TOPPING
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to a pourable consistency.
- Pour over cake after holes have been punched in top per instructions above.