PRE Brands is an amazing premium fresh food startup currently focused on bringing consumers the world’s best tasting beef. With Thanksgiving holiday around the corner I know you will like this paleo friendly and gluten free approach to a recipe I feel is spot on.
- Instant Pot – Chuck Ragu
- 1 PRE Chuck Roasts, salted and cut into 6 cubes.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 bunch sage, chopped
- 1/2 bunch sage whole
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup mushroom broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1 large sweet potato
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white, whisked until frothy
- Place your potato in a medium pot and fill with water until it covered.
- Bring it to a boil with a pinch of salt.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and cover for 15-20 minutes or until it is easily pierced with a fork.
- Turn your instant pot to sauté.
- In the base, heat oil and cook the shallot and onion until soft.
- Add garlic and sage and cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn the pot to ‘Manual’ and set for 45 minutes.
- In the pot, add: chuck, whole sage, mushroom broth and beef broth.
- Cover with lid and leave for the duration of cooking.
- Let release naturally.
- Remove potato from pot and let cool on cutting board.
- Peel off the skin and discard.
- Using a fork or potato masher, smash the potato until it is almost smooth.
- Mash salt, almond flour, cassava flour, and garlic powder into the sweet potato.
- Fold in the egg white.
- If too dry, add water a teaspoon at a time. If too wet, add a bit more cassava flour a sprinkle at a time.
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, pour the contents of instant pot (or crock pot).
- Bring to a boil and reduce to low for simmering and reducing.
- Reduce until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Stir every couple minutes.
- Remove your disk of dough from the fridge and roll out into 4 long snakes about ½ inch in diameter. Using a fork, make indents across the top of the gnocchi snake.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces. Dust with flour and set aside.
- In a large pot of barely boiling water, place ½ the gnocchi in the water.
- Stir initially to prevent from sticking to the bottom.
- Leave to rest in the water.
- When the gnocchi starts to float, remove with slotted spoon and place into the reducing ragu.
- Stir to coat.
- When the ragu liquid has reduced by half, sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the gnocchi.
For crock pot option: Let contents cook on high for 6 hours before reducing.