Here is a simple and tasty homemade almond milk recipe by my kitchen partner and daughter, Miranda Jade Turbin.
- 1lb raw unsalted almonds
- 4 ½ cups of filtered water
- 4–5 pitted dates
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- nut milk bag
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- ground nutmeg (to taste)
- ground clove (to taste)
- ½–1 tablespoon creamed honey (to taste)
- Soak your almonds overnight in a bowl covered completely by filtered water.
- Rinse almonds in a colander.
- Place almonds, filtered water, pitted dates, vanilla and salt in blender for 2-3 min until fully blended into a thick liquid.
- Over a bowl, pour blender contents into a nut bag and gently squeeze and twist bag until hardly any liquid is left in the bag.
- Discard nut pulp (or make some cookies with them).
- If you like your almond milk a little sweeter or want to add some more flavor to it:
- Add almond milk back to cleaned blender.
- Heat honey for a couple of seconds so it is thinner, and pour into blender.
- Blend up for about 10 seconds.
- Add in as many spices as you like. I’d advise to add them little by little so you don’t add too much.
- Blend and taste each time you add more so the spices distribute evenly before trying.
- Once you have the flavor you like, pour into a glass jar and place into refrigerator. Enjoy!