Tilapia is a quick and easy fish to cook, especially if you are new to cooking fish. Turmeric is one hell of a spice. Being able to add it to great recipes is a good way to get the health benefits it contains even if you aren’t a huge fan of its flavor. Get your turmeric dose this evening using this paleo recipe!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (I highly recommend Pure Indian Foods for their organic turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tamarind purée
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2–3 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Blend together garlic, spices, tamarind and oil in a small blender.
- Take half of the mixture and fry the tilapia with it in a skillet on medium heat.
- Fry one side for 2 minutes then flip for another 2 minutes.
- Blend the coconut milk with the remaining spice oil mixture and pour into the sauce pan.
- Let simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove fish and place on a plate.