These easy to make marinated beets are perfect for our summers here in the United States or, in other words, our H-O-T weather. When the heat picks up, it is easy to feel like grabbing a quick bite on-the-go and not laboring over a hot stove making elaborate meals.
- 2 pounds (approx. 6 medium) red beets, stemmed, washed and scrubbed
- 1 cup freshly chopped dill
- ½ cup Steve Paleo Goods Greek Vinaigrette
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Add a steamer basket in the water and bring to boil.
- In the meantime cut your beets into 1-1/2 inch cubes or triangle shapes.
- Add beets to the steamer in the boiling water and cover.
- High simmer around 20 minutes.
- The beets should be easy to pierce but still semi-firm.
- Remove from pan and place in wide Pyrex.
- Allow beets to cool.
- Chop your dill and remove hard stems. Some like finely chopped and I prefer to leave them in semi-long pieces.
- Place the dill, vinegar and dressing in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- When the beets are cool, add them to the marinade and toss liberally.
- Season with salt.
- Marinate for 1-2 hours or up to two days in your refrigerator.
- Serve with extra chopped dill.
Thinly sliced Spanish red onions are a delicious addition. If you add them, be sure to add them when tossing the beets so they can marinate and absorb their flavor.