With the holiday season upon us let’s dive into this paleo soup, a double orange combination of freshly squeezed orange and carrot. You will enjoy the best of both worlds with this paleo, power-packed duo of vitamins and essential nutrients. All you will need is 7 simple ingredients plus salt to taste. That is all! Paleo has never been easier or more delicious than now and can cost less than $2 dollars per portion.
- 6–8 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 to 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 fresh squeezed orange
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients in a crock pot and simmer on low for 7 to 8 hours. For a faster cook time try cooking on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- After cooking, transfer your soup to a blender and puree; you can also put the soup in a bowl and use an immersion blender to puree.
- Puree until smooth.
- Divide soup into 4 separate bowls.