A delicious, low carb and healthy snack. Serve with a healthy paleo dip or just on their own.
- 4 large turnips, washed, stems removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- Finely ground sea salt
- OPTIONAL: cumin, pepper, cayenne etc. – let your imagination run wild
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
- Cut turnips into french fry shapes and cut the thickness to whatever you desire. I suggest fairly thick.
- In a large bowl, toss turnips with oil of your choice.
- Sprinkle with salt (and seasoning of your choice).
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or a non stick baking mat.
- Lay turnips in single layers on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, rotate the pan halfway through cooking and “turn” the fries so they cook evenly.
- These will bake soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Season with a little more salt if needed.