Ever since learning about the health benefits of acorn squash, I have been finding any excuse I can to add this amazing food to my paleo recipes!
- Acorn squash
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut your acorn squash in half, then slice each half into 4-6 pieces depending on the size of squash.
- Melt coconut oil until runny.
- Add maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Place squash in large bowl.
- Pour syrup mixture over and toss until well coated.
- Place on tin foil in center of preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn over gently.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
This is an excellent side dish. It’s on the sweet side and pairs well with a light main course or could even be served as a healthy alternative as a dessert. Yum!