I am very excited about this almond muffins recipe as one can use just about any fruit and with the holidays upon us, fresh fruit is like nature’s candy. Organic peaches are the star of this recipe but of course “tis the season” and just about any fruit can be used. Fresh and organic berries are packed with antioxidants and flavor and can also be used if peaches aren’t in season in your area.
- 4 eggs (organic and omega 3 preferred) at room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3–4 ripe organic peaches
- OPTIONAL: fresh berries or any other fruit, honey or maple syrup to top
- Dice peaches and set aside or slice and then lightly grill your slices.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 muffin papers.
- Using room temperature eggs, separate the whites from yolks into two bowls.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks, whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- When wet ingredients are combined, whisk in the almond flour and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and gently fold into cake mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Bake at 350F for ~26-28 minutes or just until tops spring back when gently touched.
- Top each almond cake with diced or grilled peaches or fruit of your choice, and even a little honey or warmed up maple syrup if you’d like.
The peaches can be served fresh and cold or grilled and still warm; both are delicious! Berries can also be used if peaches aren’t in season.
Make the muffins a day or two ahead of time, keep covered and just warm them up in an oven or toaster oven prior to serving.
I also like to add diced or sliced peaches (or any fruit) on top of each muffin and even drizzle with a little honey or maple syrup.
Dice your fresh fruit ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to be served or grilled.