The food of the gods indeed! Ambrosia is an interesting variation on the traditional fruit salad, usually containing distinctive ingredients like pineapple, marshmallows, and coconut. On the paleo diet, this recipe has been a favorite of mine. I have some on the side with breakfast, eat it as a snack, or enjoy it as a side dish with lunch or dinner.
- CUT UP THE FOLLOWING:
- Granny Smith apples
- Sliced almonds
- Sliced pecans
- OPTIONAL: Tiny marshmallows
- Coconut “Cream” (not coconut milk).
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (you can use sweetened if you don’t mind sugar or may omit the shredded coconut entirely)
- Combine your fruit, nuts and marshmallows, if using.
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey per can of coconut cream.
- Mix lots of coconut cream into your fruit.
- Add lots of shredded coconut and gently fold in to blend.
- Top with my Whipped Coconut Cream Alternative.