Delicious basil with apricots and chicken in perfect harmony.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 oz dried apricot halves, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon almond flour
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In your food processor, combine the apricots and almond flour.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same processor bowl, combine the remaining pesto ingredients together and process until a paste forms.
- Fold in the chopped apricots and set aside.
- Slice the breast horizontally to ‘butterfly’ but do not slice all the way through, in order to create a pocket to fill with the pesto.
- Fill the chicken with the pesto (save a little for the topping); place seam-side down (so the pesto doesn’t come out) onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before removing from oven, spread the left over apricot pesto evenly over each chicken breast. Put back in the oven and finish cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t have time or the ingredients to prepare a pesto, use a pre-made gluten-free and dairy-free pesto.