The butternut squash and bacon go so well together! Add a little grass-fed butter to enhance the taste if you like! Enjoy!
- 36 ounces butternut squash, cubed 1-2 inch pieces (frozen or fresh, cut up, not peeled)
- 3 cups water
- 4 ounces chopped bacon
- ½ an onion
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil for sautéing
- Add squash to the water in a 4 quart pan.
- Bring to a boil and then turn to a simmer.
- Let cook for about 40 minutes or until very soft.
- Cook the bacon and blot off the extra oil.
- Sauté your onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until golden.
- Add bacon and onion to the squash.
- Add paprika, salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your soup, or better yet pour the soup into a Vitamix and puree all together.
For a creamer taste, add 2-4 tablespoons of grass-fed butter. If necessary, reheat and enjoy.