- 1 very ripe, yet firm banana (if using for french toast, I use 1/2 – 1 to top each french toast piece)
- 1 tablespoon ghee, grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt per banana
- OPTIONAL: 1/8 teaspoon maple syrup
- OPTIONAL: paleo whipped cream
- Slice bananas diagonally for looks.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add butter or fat of choice, cinnamon, salt and maple syrup if using.
- Add bananas and keep stirring until bananas soften.
- Turn heat down to low.
- The mixture will bubble slightly but do not allow it to burn.
- Remove from heat.
- IDEA: Pour over french toast or ice cream.
- OPTIONAL: Add a little paleo whipped cream or a little pinch of cinnamon for eye appeal.
Make extra topping. Everyone will want more of this! You can reheat the recipe to use later so don’t worry about making too much.