This low-carb and low-sugar recipe is so easy to make and I encourage anyone to make extra and keep them in the freezer. I use fresh or frozen berries in all of my berry recipes and the way I use them in this recipe is detailed below. My method preserves them a bit and adds a tad of flavor burst. This particular recipe was my adaptation from Paleogrubs.com which is one of my favorite sites.
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour plus 2 teaspoons almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- OPTIONAL TOPPING: 2 tablespoons maple sugar or date sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the 1 ¼ cups of almond flour, and all of your coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. If the mixture is dry, add a few more drops of almond milk.
- Coat the blueberries with the 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and the 2 teaspoons of almond flour.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Form the dough into small uneven balls and place them onto the baking sheet.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with maple or date sugar.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.