This versatile cacao brownie crust can be baked, or if you are on a raw diet just don’t bake the batter. Amazing flavor both ways! You can make crusts and cookies alike, raw or not. Details are in the below recipe and in the Notes.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 ½ cups dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup 100% cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2–4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Place almonds in food processor and grind until somewhat fine.
- Add pecans or walnuts and grind until somewhat fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients excluding water. Pulse in the food processor.
- Add water until mixture isn’t flaky, just until dough holds slightly together.
- Line a 9” spring form pan with waxed paper.
- Add dough mixture to the pan and spread over the top of the paper. If you are doing crust up the sides of the pan, you will need to line the sides of the pan as well. Press firmly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: do not bake if you are on a raw diet.
This recipe can be made into cookies, tarts or used as a pie crust. It really is a versatile recipe!