I’m excited to share with all of you these Paleo Brownies by Elana Amsterdam, which you can make in time for Easter. This recipe is different than what you’ll find in a pre-made brownie or brownie mix at the store. It’s gluten-free, paleo and not filled with processed sugar. Plus, the entire family will LOVE them – you can expect to have almost no leftovers this Easter! Clean eating is completely possible for Easter 2017 with this recipe.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces baking chocolate (100% cacao)
- 7 Medjool dates (1/2–2/3 cup) pits removed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon (NuNaturals Liquid) vanilla stevia (only)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pulse in squares of dark chocolate until the mixture resembles the texture of coarse sand.
- Pulse in the dates until the texture of coarse sand.
- Pulse in your eggs.
- Pulse in the coconut oil and stevia until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Mixture will be very thick. Smooth it with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours, then serve.