These amazing cookies taste like peanut butter and chocolate – think Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Yum! So for those with peanut allergies or that are on the paleo diet (no peanuts) this recipe is perfect for you!
- Note: all ingredients must be room temperature.
- 2 cups roasted cashew butter
- 1 cup finely ground cashews (from raw cashews)
- 10 tablespoons raw honey, warmed*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or ground vanilla beans
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cashews, semi-chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- Coconut oil for greasing
- *Add more honey if you prefer a very sweet cookie.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease your cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl excluding the cashews, chocolate chips and vinegar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add cashews and chocolate chips.
- Add vinegar.
- Immediately drop by teaspoon or tablespoon onto your greased cookie sheet.
- Shape evenly or leave “rough”.
- For small cookies, bake 7 minutes.
- For large cookies, bake 9 minutes.
- Rotate cookie sheet in the oven halfway through.
- Let cool 5 minutes on a rack.