Ok, so what is the big deal about these Paleo Gluten Free Tahini Cookies? I think it is the unusual use of the ingredients. The little ones love any small treat that they can hold and bite into, so why not add a boost of healthy to their after school treat.
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic, 100% cacao powder (dutch process)
- 2 tablespoons Jay Robb’s (egg or whey) chocolate protein powder
- 4 tablespoons Lakanto (brown) or Zensweet
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 6 dates – pureed
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 drops stevia
- OPTIONAL: Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a second bowl add your eggs and whisk well.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the eggs and mix with a hand mixer.
- Gently fold the ingredients from the second bowl into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place tablespoon-sized drops of batter onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake (not convection) in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked (ovens vary in cooking).