I have a love for the garden and now I have my own organic garden to satisfy my paleo urges. This year is our first season with our own apricots.
- Fresh organic apricots cut in half and pitted
- As many as you want to dehydrate
- Organic will be sweeter
- There is no sugar or preservatives in this recipe.
- There are no color agents.
- The apricots dehydrated this way will stay nice and bright orange for a number of weeks.
- Rinse and dry your apricots.
- Cut in half with your fingers and remove pits.
- Lay face side down on trays an inch apart.
- I use an Excalibur dehydrator.
- Space tray a level apart if possible.
- Close front flap/door all the way.
- Turn on for 8 hours at 105F, and no higher.
- Turn over after 8 hours and set timer another 2-6 hours.
- Depending on how soft or hard you want your apricots will determine the length of time.
- This you will fully understand once you do it.
- Open door.
- Let cool on racks.
- When cool place in sealed containers or jars.
- They are beautiful to look at so leave out to see and share.