MY grandson is a French-fry addict and there is nothing better than dipping away as far as he is concerned. There is NO way I want him to have Heinz ketchup, and lucky for us he is open to substitutions. He loves a little spicy too, so this easy recipe comes in handy for all kids.
- 2 Red Onions
- 4 Celery Sticks
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 16 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 5 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Pure Honey
- 5 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chop the onions and celery.
- Add them together with the oil to a pan and cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until you like the consistency.
- Blend until it is completely smooth.
- You can add more or less syrup and vinegar, depending on how you like your ketchup.