This is a great quick frosting to complement your favorite baked goods. The lemon zest adds a lovely freshness.
- 4 tablespoons Full Spectrum Shortening (at room temperature)
- 8 teaspoons Erythritol
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Mix all of the ingredients together and allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- This recipe is one I use to spread on cookies or in between a delicious layered cake. Many others like this on my various muffins as a sweet spread.
- Like many paleo and non-dairy frostings this will need to be kept cold until serving, or eventually it will soften and could melt depending on the temperature.