One of my old time favorite cookie recipes recreated paleo-style!
- 16 ounces almonds (ground up by pulsing on “pulse” setting until a lot coarser than almond meal)
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, ground fine (or coconut or date sugar)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Shape and press the dough with your hands into fairly flat 4” – 5” cookies, a third to a quarter inch thick (fairly thin).
- Keep 2 inches apart from one another (they will spread on the pan once heated).
- When you put them in the oven, lower the temperature to 275F degrees.
- Stay by then oven and watch for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
The longer they cook, the more crispy “oatmeal flavor” cookie you will get.