This is an amazing recipe for Mexican potatoes (papas is Spanish for potatoes). These are best served with the delicious paleo friendly Siete tortillas created by the Garza Family. I love to serve them with some scrambled eggs or even inside a breakfast burrito. So many possibilities. Consider these potatoes as a side dish for a potluck, or add some carne or sausages for a twist. Recipe contributed by the Garza Family, of www.SieteFoods.com.
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or pasture-raised pork lard
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pack of Siete tortillas
- Heat your 1/2 cup of oil or lard in a medium sized skillet.
- Place the cubed potatoes in the heated oil or lard and fry until browned and tender.
- Remove potatoes from the skillet and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt then set aside.
- In the same skillet heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or pork lard and sauté the onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic and remaining salt until tender.
- Add the cooked potatoes and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with warmed Siete tortillas.
Serve these with some scrambled eggs or even make a breakfast burrito. So many possibilities. Consider these potatoes as a side dish for a potluck, or add some carne or sausages for a twist.