It has warmed up substantially and I love to make this dairy-free treat: Paleo Peach Mango Ice Cream. Two of my favorite fruits, peaches and mangos are abundant this season on the west coast of the United States. Lucky me since I happen to be in Los Angeles most of this month. This is a very simple dessert and of course it is gluten-free.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons rum
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup honey or light maple syrup
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (or cream)
- ¾ – 1 cup peach or mango puree
- Optional: fresh fruit
- Place egg yolks, rum, coconut cream and salt in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk non-stop!
- Bring to a near simmer.
- Add honey and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add 1 can coconut milk (or cream).
- Add fruit puree of your choice.
- Blend really well with a hand mixer.
- Add to your ice cream maker according to your appliance’s instructions.
- Ice cream should be done in 10-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit or serve with Tina’s Paleo Chocolate Decadent Cake.
The quality and kind of honey you use will reflect in the taste of your ice cream. I use a variety of honeys and tend to go for the fruitier, sweeter ones for ice creams. Raw is ideal but not for young children or those with compromised immune systems.