This recipe is a little more time-consuming, but it makes a lot, so it’s worth it. It’s also delicious!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons butter – not melted
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- ¾ teaspoons chili powder or chipotle
- 6 oz. peas (frozen or fresh sweet peas)
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Topping Instructions
- Steam the cauliflower in 2½ cups of water til soft (drain and save water).
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and mash with fork.
- Take your Bullet, food processor, VitaMix or blender and puree the cauliflower – (add butter and milk at this point if you desire a slightly creamier mixture, but it’s not necessary at all).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Filling Instructions
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook onion for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add celery, carrots and garlic.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add beef and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring to break the meat up into small pieces.
- Add in your chili powder and peas and mix well.
- Combine your arrowroot powder with 2 cups of the saved water from your steamer and whisk together.
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the beef and boil for about 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the filling into a 2 quart dish.
- Evenly distribute cauliflower mash over the top, sealing the edges.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.