This recipe for Paleo Snow Balls is easy and these treats are fun to bake, which can serve as a sweet treat as well as a lovely decoration on your gluten free, paleo dinner table. The contributor of this recipe is Rossy. Her website primalyum.co.uk was created a few years ago when she discovered that she has gluten intolerance.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Tapioca powder or icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Set the zest of one orange and the shredded coconut aside.
- In a bowl mix all the other ingredients.
- Using two teaspoons form little balls and place them on the baking paper.
- Bake them for 30 minutes and if they look like they might burn, put a layer of foil on top of the baking tray. Make sure it doesn’t touch the snow balls.
- In a little bowl mix the shredded coconut with the orange zest.
- Once baked coat them in either tapioca or icing sugar to create the whiteness.
- Sprinkle coconut and orange zest on top.
- Easy but delicious!