Whether you want ideas for low-carb, paleo, Whole 30, gluten-free, keto or SCD, this recipe is for you. My easy paleo spaghetti sauce – quick and low carb recipe will fit all your needs for any of the above requests and more.
- 2 pounds 5280 grass-fed ground beef or go to Overstock and find them there
- 1 white or sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, marjoram and oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 quart (32 ounces or 4 cups) of marinara or spaghetti sauce (or homemade marinara)
- Heat ghee and coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Measure out your herbs and spices so they are ready.
- Cut up tomatoes into small chunks and discard the stem (belly button).
- Add chopped onions to the skillet and cook until translucent.
- Remove onions from pan leaving the fats and set the onions aside.
- Add the ground beef and break up into chunks with a wooden spoon as you cook.
- Sauté until light pink.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook down a bit.
- Add back in the onions.
- Add the seasonings, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper.
- Add in the homemade marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce or use one of these from top chefs.
- Let simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Do not let cook too long or too high or the liquid will reduce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alone, with a side dish or over herbed ghee with zoodles or one of my cauliflower recipes.
- Don’t forget to finish the meal with one of my easy paleo desserts.
If you like a denser result, add in less marinara to your liking.