I love to do a little indulging after I have worked my body and I deserve a treat to celebrate my years of Mom-hood.This is just such a tasty dessert. I can only handle so much chocolate and then it keeps me up all night. I am such a lightweight. You should see me when I drink even a small glass of wine. I’ve always been that way.
- 1 cup coconut milk (not light)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅓ to ¼ cup honey of your choice (taste will vary depending on what type of honey you choose)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 12.3 ounce box of silken, firm tofu, drained
- Raw cacao nibs, for garnish or even a truffipop or truffibite if you really want to have some fun
- Combine coconut milk and cinnamon in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and boil for 7 minutes, whisking often.
- Mixture will reduce to about ⅓ cup. Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon-coconut milk (you can save the rest for another use—it’s great in smoothies!) honey, orange zest, cocoa powder, salt, and cayenne. Whisk together.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into blender.
- Add tofu and blend until smooth, and then transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours before serving.
- Use cacao nibs for garnish.
- Serve chilled.