These cookies are made with wholesome, natural ingredients; you almost feel like you’re eating something good for you while being bad! This recipe yields approximately 20 cookies, but watch out—they’ll go fast, so be sure to make extra!
- ½ cup nut butter (almond and/or cashew work the best)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (vanilla extract or orange zest works too)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 packets of Truvia (or sweeten to taste using erythritol or other sweetener)
- 4 heaping teaspoons of unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Dark chocolate chips (as many as you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Mix the nut butter, lemon juice, eggs and butter together in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix the baking soda, sweetener and coconut together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together (do not overmix).
- Add the desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons of cookie dough and drop onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.