I feel you will enjoy the ease in this Paleo Sweet Pistachio Bacon recipe as much as I did. What I consider are paleo friendly dishes for holidays or any time of year are ones which have minimal ingredients and quick prep work. Yes, meaning fast and easy. You also want these dishes to satisfy all taste buds and you or your family’s dietary restrictions. This paleo recipe fits the bill for all of your Paleo, gluten free, keto and low carb needs, wishes and wildest dreams! Bacon! Need I say more? This recipe which was supplied to me to try from Katie Doyle, founder of PersonallyPaleo.com.
- 1 package uncured, nitrate free bacon (like Pedersons or Applegate)
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar (substitute with coconut sugar if not available)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped/crushed
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil. If you have one, place a cooling rack on top of the foil to help separate bacon from the grease.
- Spread bacon across rack/sheet. Cook bacon in oven for ~15 minutes.
- While cooking, chop/crush pistachios using a mallet or food processor.
- In a small bowl, mix together your sugar and pistachios and set aside until ready for use.
- Remove bacon from oven and coat/sprinkle each piece with the nut/sugar mixture. You can use part or all of your mixture, depending on how you’d like it.
- Place bacon back in the oven until cooked to your liking. I cook mine about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and briefly cool before serving.