Ever since going paleo, I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different nutrition-packed vegetables like Swiss chard. I’m always trying new ways to dress up a wide variety of veggies so I can make our paleo and gluten-free diet fun AND palatable. Let me tell you, Swiss chard was NOT my favorite (I find it very bitter sometimes), but I’m pleased to say that this dish tastes terrific.
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, torn into shreds
- 1 pint of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons of butter
- Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and toss until a bit brown – about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the swiss chard and stir fry again until tossed with butter and mushrooms. About another 5 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle liberally with Cajun’s Choice and enjoy!
- You could even add some protein to this dish if you wish.